Master the art of baking by joining 225 Sycamore Apartments in Wichita, Kansas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.
Let’s face it – baking can be more difficult to master than cooking. Not only is it highly scientific, but it also requires great attention to detail. If you’re looking to improve your skills, take a look at this recipe below for Devil’s Food Cake. Even when it’s not served along its counterpart, Angel Food Cake, this dessert is delicious on its own. Topped with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup, it is the perfect punctation mark on any meal and will leave your whole household feeling appeased. To get started, check out the ingredients and directions.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well. Add 1 cup boiled water and blend well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter, then pour into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The best clue is that you will start to smell the aroma of chocolate filling your apartment home!