The team at 225 Sycamore Apartments in Wichita, Kansas finds it important that our residents lead healthy, well-informed lives. By presenting new ideas in our resident blog, we make it easy to stay up to date with the latest information on health, wellness, finances, and more.
When thinking about your physical health, you’ll also want to consider your mental health and wellbeing. If you are on social media, for example, there are plenty of circumstances involved with these platforms that are considered to be dangerous and divisive. In fact, social media can lead to anxiety, depression, loneliness, or low self-esteem. Whether you are dealing with an online troll or attempted hack of your account, it’s important to keep these tips in mind to stop any threat dead in its tracks.
- Use a strong password. Make it long and use a variety of characters. Be sure to differentiate your passwords between accounts.
- Set up your security answers and remember not to pick questions that someone could easily guess the answer to.
- If you have social media apps on your phone, be sure to password protect your device.
- Don’t accept or follow just anyone. Fake accounts are very common on social media sites, so be wary of anyone you come into contact with who is not a real-world acquaintance.
- Click links with caution. Keep in mind that social media accounts are regularly hacked, and millions of people are affected every year. If a post seems spammy, it probably is.
- Be careful about what you share. Don’t reveal sensitive personal information to anyone online, like your home address or banking information. Doing so could result in you having your identity stolen.
- Take advantage of privacy settings. Customizing your privacy settings to control who sees what can help you avoid trouble with shady social media users.