On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at 225 Sycamore Apartments in Wichita, Kansas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
If you’re searching for a recipe that tastes luxurious but only requires a few basic ingredients, then you’ve come to the right place! Italians have relied upon Pasta Carbonara for a fulfilling meal since the 1940s, if not longer. The rich, egg-based recipe also consists of pasta, bacon, and cheese. Better yet, these ingredients are very light on your wallet, while also serving up thick, creamy, and carb-y goodness. Plus, you’ll love the fact that this recipe is mostly done using just one pan. Try out this undeniably delicious recipe with your family tonight!
• 8-ounces dried spaghetti
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 slices of bacon, diced
• 4 teaspoons minced garlic
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
1. First, boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Once done, reserve ½ cup of the starchy water and drain the rest well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the two eggs and grated Parmesan. Set aside.
3. Now, it’s time to fry up the bacon. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until the meat is brown and crispy. Do not remove from pan once done.
4. Stir the minced garlic in with the cooked bacon. Keep cooking the garlic until it’s slightly browned and giving off a strong, mouthwatering aroma. Then, reduce heat to low.
5. With the bacon and garlic still in the pan, work quickly to add the cooked pasta and egg mixture. (Take too long, and your eggs will cook in place, instead of evenly coating the pasta!) Toss everything to combine.
6. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until the pasta reaches your desired consistency. Add salt, pepper, and chopped parsley to taste.
7. Serve immediately with a bit of extra Parmesan on top, if desired.